Restore Windows Bootloader, Remove Grub
If you installed a dual-boot system with Linux and Windows 7, grub is usually the boot manager to handle things. But what if you want to remove Linux? Windows 7 should then obviously boot on it's own, without grub.
What you have to do, in order:
- make a backup of your Linux install (if you need to)
- don't touch the partitions where Linux is installed for now
- boot with your Windows Install DVD
- choose 'Repair Options', then 'Command Prompt'
- reboot and remove your Windows DVD
- Windows should boot directly without grub
- you can now remove the Linux partitions and create new ones for Windows or extend your existing Windows partitions